miércoles, 1 de agosto de 2018

A FEW and A LITTLE

Tanto "a few" como "a little" son quantifiers. Su significado es similar a "some".

Use a little for non-countable nouns (Example: jam, time).
Usa  a little para los sustantivos no contables. (Ejemplo: mermelada , tiempo)

Use a few if the noun is countable (Example: jars of jam, students). 
Usa  a few para los sustantivos contables. (Ejemplo: Frascos de mermeladas, alumnos)


For example:
  1. I have coffee with a little milk. = I have coffee with SOME milk.
  2. A few friends visited me. = SOME friends visited me.
EXERCISES:

1. Decide whether you have to use a little or a few.
  1. _____________ apples.
  2. _____________  rice.
  3. _____________  bicycles
  4. _____________  trees
  5. _____________  boys
  6. _____________ money
  7. _____________ dogs
  8. _____________  time
  9. _____________  sugar
2. Decide whether you have to use a little or a few.
  1. There will be __________________ rain this week.
  2. __________________  friends are coming over tonight.
  3. I need __________________  sleep.
  4. Could you buy __________________ bottles of water for me?
  5. All we need is __________________  luck.
  6. I would like to eat __________________ biscuits now.
  7. There is still __________________  bread left.
  8. My friend knows __________________  English poems.
  9. There are __________________  birthdays to celebrate this month.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario